Sunday, January 3, 2010

Straight Draws

I played these two hands within 5 minutes of each other. It's sort of interesting because in both hands I have an open ended straight draw on a paired board but every other aspect of the hands are different.

Hand One:

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (Button) ($25)
SB ($45.05)
BB ($25.35)
UTG ($31.55)
MP ($21.10)
CO ($29.35)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, 9
1 fold, MP calls $0.25, 1 fold, Hero bets $1.25, 1 fold, BB calls $1, 1 fold

(Pretty standard iso-raise vs. loose-passive MP I think.)

Flop: ($2.85) 10, 8, 8 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $1.75, BB raises $5.25, Hero calls $3.50

(I bet my draw here to pick up dead money and build a pot in position. When he raises, he's got AT, Diamonds, 8s, possibly overpairs. I'm getting about 3 to 1 to hit the straight or win with a bluff later, I don't think I'm getting the right odds with the possibility of alot of my diamond outs being no good. I call.)

Turn: ($13.35) 4 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

(I think he checks his all of his range except for the AT here, I'm way behind his range and can't expect him to fold anything so I take a free card.)

River: ($13.35) 5 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $7, 1 fold

(He would have value bet any eight or ten here, so he either has an overpair or missed diamonds. I think this is a perfect spot to bluff. It definately could look to him like I have a monster, and even if it doesn't he can't call with any hand that checks to me.)

Total pot: $13.35

That took a really long time so I'll post the second hand tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment